- This event has passed.
Last Line of Defence: The industries causing the climate crisis and attacks against land and environmental defenders.
September 15, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am UTC-4
Since 2012, Global Witness has been recording killings of land and environmental defenders.
Each year, they produce a report which pays tribute to those who give their lives standing up for their land, and our planet. The data is clear: the climate crisis is having an increasingly violent impact on people.
Join the online event to hear from senior officials, experts and environmental defenders about the fight against climate breakdown and how we can prevent attacks in the future as we release our 2020 data on land and environmental defenders.
- Dickens Kamugisha, Africa Institute for Energy Governance, Uganda
- Teng Kao, representative of Chhouk Village, Cambodia
- Nils Behrndt, Deputy Director-General, Justice and Consumers at the European Commission
- Mary Lawlor, United Nations Special Rapporteur for Human Rights Defenders
- Seema Joshi, Director of Campaigns, Global Witness (moderator)
Date: September 15, 2021
Time: 3:30pm CET / 2:30pm BST / 9:30am EST