|Online event on 5 October 2020 at 15:00 – 16:30 CEST, hosted by GI-ESCR and MISEREOR:
“Local struggles for housing rights in the context of climate change, urbanization and environmental degradation: How do we create “resilient” communities in the face of multiple crises, including COVID-19?“
Join the discussion and hear from:
- Mr Balakrishnan Rajagopal, UN Special Rapporteur on the right to adequate housing
- Mr Bimbo Fernandez, Pagtambayayong, the Philippines
- Ms Silvia de los Rios, Centro de Investigación, Documentación y AsesoríaPoblacional, Peru
- Ms Dunja Krause, UN Research Institute for Social Development
- Mr Robert Lewis-Lettington, Chief of Land, Housing and Shelter Section, UN Habitat
Registration via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The invitation is available HERE.
The event will also be the occasion to launch our NEW REPORT jointly published with MISEREOR: Local struggles for housing rights in the context of climate change, urbanization and environmental degradation.
This report, published jointly by GI-ESCR and MISEREOR, tackles the growing impacts of climate change, urbanization and environmental degradation on the right to adequate housing and outlines how communities are finding solutions to address these challenges.The report includes case studies from partners in Cameroon, Nigeria, El Salvador, Peru and the Philippines.