|We are pleased to invite you to the online event on “National Human Rights Institutions on the front lines of the UN Call to Action on Human Rights – Climate Action and the Right to a Healthy Environment” facilitated by UNDP and jointly convened with GANHRI, OHCHR and UNEP.
This event is organised at the side lines of the TriPartite Partnership to Support National Human Rights Institutions Annual Review and Partnership Platform 2021 Meeting (TPP2021).
The event will bring together the UN system, Member States, NHRIs, and other stakeholders to:
- Improve awareness of national human rights institutions as key agents and accelerators to support the rights of future generations in the Secretary-Generals’ Call to Action on Human Rights
- Explore opportunities to facilitate and support the work of national human rights institutions to monitor the human rights impacts of climate change
- Share information on how the human rights mechanisms can provide guidance on climate change
Opening statements by:
- Ilze Brands-Kehris, Assistant Secretary-General for Human Rights, OHCHR
- H.E. Catalina Devandas Aguilar, Permanent Representative of Costa Rica to the United Nations in Geneva
Moderated by Katy Thompson, Team Leader for Rule of Law, Security, and Human Rights, UNDP
- Michael Windfuhr, Member of the Committee on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights
- Juan José Böckel, Secretary General of the Defensoría del Pueblo de la Nación Argentina
- Soo-Young Hwang, Legal Officer, Law Division, UNEP
Interpretation in Spanish, French and Russian will be provided.
Registration for the event is required in advance. Upon registering, you will receive the zoom link to attend the webinar.
Learn more here.
We look forward to your participation!